Friday, February 5, 2010

The best thing

I can remember the day that Shannon told me that I was going to be an aunt. I was so excited and instantly started envisioning all of the things I wanted to teach my new niece or nephew. I couldn't wait...and now I can't believe how AWESOME it is to be an aunt.
Since Dylan was born in October, I cannot even count the amount of conversations we have had about how much joy he has brought to our family. Our family went from ordinary to extraordinary. I have been home more in the past 4 months than I think I have been in the 10 years since I have been living in Louisville. Visiting Dylan is always my last stop before hitting the road again, and it never fails-from the 8,000 songs I have on my iPod, when I am driving this song always comes on. "You are the best thing"...I don't think it could be more fitting. We are so proud of Shannon and Tony, and so in love with Dylan. He truly is the BEST thing...and I couldn't be more proud to be his aunt!
-Shelly
(You may have to hit the "pause" button on the player at the very bottom of the page when viewing the video so you don't have 2 songs playing at once)

No comments:

Post a Comment